Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mikaela's First Day of School

Well the day has come.  My first born is starting Preschool this year.  We have been preparing for this for about 2 weeks now, well okay about a month.  Talking about it, visiting the school, playing school, new shoes, etc.  Matt and her made her lunch the night before and when I came home from work and checked in on her this I found her all snuggled up with her alligator, and I thought to myself, how can this be....she is starting Preschool.  The next morning I got up early to get stuff done before she did.  Well like usually she work up and started heading for my room to wake me up but stopped quick in her tracks when she say me in the other room.  She said to me "I am READY for my first day of school".  We ate breakfast together and talked about what she was going to take for share time.  She went through her routine chart, eat breakfast, go potty, brush teeth, get dressed, grab backpack and go to school.  We took pictures on the front porch before leaving and then it was off to school. 
Once we got there she was very excited.  She walked up without holding my hand or clinging to me (I was in shock) and went into the class room and started putting her stuff where Miss Gina, her teacher, told her to.  She tried to kiss me good-bye at some point before we were done doing things, I think she was trying to get ride of me already.  Once we were done I said give me a hug and kiss and she did then just turned around and walked to go play.  I stood there for a moment and walked out.  Now don't get me wrong I am very happy about this AMAZING transition and it completely caught me off guard because I had really thought she was not going to let me go that easily.  But boy was I wrong she walked away and didn't look back.  I am so proud of her and could not be happier for how wonderful she has done.  I do have to admit, I walked out to the car, put Addison in her car seat, called Matt and started balling my eyes out.   When Matt picked her up we all went to a special dinner, her choice at Franton's Pizza.  We had to ask her lots of question about how school was and what she did.  Matt said she didn't want to leave when he came to get her. It was a good day I would say.
The night before preschool








There she goes

No comments: