Monday, January 11, 2010

First Dentist Visit

Today I went with mommy to the dentist. It was not really my appointment but I went with her to check out what "going to the dentist" was all about. I first sat like a big girl in the lobby while mommy got some x-rays done, then I sat on mommy's lap while the hygienist, Lisa, cleaned mommy's teeth. She let me feel her tool that blow air and her brush that cleans peoples teeth. Then once mommy was all done I got my own cup of water to wash and rinse my mouth before she counted my teeth. I have 8 on the top and 8 on the bottom, 16 teeth. Lisa handed mommy a bag with some stuff in it for her teeth and she gave me a tooth brush that was just for me. This was the best part of the whole visit. I was very excited when I say that Donkey from Shrek was on my new tooth brush. At the end of the exam I was a very polite little lady and told Lisa "thank you" without mommy asking me to say thank you. Mommy was very pleased by this. They also let me choose a toy from the treasure box. I think I might enjoy this whole trip to the dentist I hear everyone talking about, neat tools, fun movies to watch, pictures of my teeth, and a prize at the end, what's there not to like??
Listening to Lisa tell me about the dentist tools

Counting my teethChecking out what we got in our bag My favorite part, getting my new tooth brush.

No comments: